Wednesday, June 27, 2012

♥ NAIL ART: Ombre

Hi there my lovely readers! I just had an experiment on my nail. One day, I saw a post about how to do an ombre nail. And because I really love ombre, it really is very attractive for me, I decided to do it on my nail. Last monday, I finally tried it and here I am now sharing with you the output. On this post, I will be putting the steps on how to make it. :)

So, let's start. The things you need to have are: 2 different color nail polishes (1 light shade, 1 darker shade), 1 colorless nail polish, sponge.

ignore the hairpins :)
Step 1: Using the light shade of nail polish, coat your nails as many coat as you want. It will serve as the base for the ombre effect. Then, wait for it to dry.
Step 2: In a clean paper, pour an enough amount of the 2 nail polishes (the light and darker shade). Keep them separated.
Step 3: Using the sponge, dip the tip of it to the darker shade and dab it on the tip of your nail. Do it on the other nails also.
Step 4: On the other side of the sponge, dip it to the lighter shade and dab it on the other half of your nail. Blend the two colors by dabbing the sponge again and again until you will see the ombre effect. While dabbing, do not include the tip of your nail, it should be darker. Do it also on the other nails.
Step 5: When the nails are all dry, apply one coat of colorless nail polish for it to look shiny.

It's so easy but I had a hard time cleaning my fingers from the excess nail polish. Let me just tell you that it's okay to let the nail polish spread to your skin, just clean them afterwards. And when all of it is done, you will see the worth of your effort. :) I'm sorry I wasn't able to take a picture of the steps. But here is the picture of the output.

I used digicam here.
I used the camera of my phone here.
You can see the ombre effect better in person. A lot of my friends appreciated it and I can really say that my effort is worth it. :) But my "harsh critic" boyfriend didn't like it, he said I am like a prostitute. Ouch! -__- I really hate it when his critic side will come out. Hahaha! Anyways, I will wear this as long as it is still not ruined. :)

So, I hope you find this post interesting and tell me if you tried the ombre nail also. Till my next post! :)



Lots of ♥, Judy
Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin' | Lookbook | Tumblr | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment