Wednesday, August 27, 2014

♥ REVIEW: Bare Body Waxing Set

Hello there!

The product that I will be reviewing today is a skin care product. It's not for the face but for the underarms. I don't have perfect underarms so I am not comfortable wearing sleeveless outside the house. I have sensitive underarms so I am really careful on what to put on them. And because I don't want them to get dark, I avoid shaving the hairs on my underarms. Before, what I do is that I pluck the hairs instead of shaving them. But because of it, I got chicken skin. So now, I discovered this cold wax and I decided to try it hoping it will help me with my underarm problems. So, without further ado, let's now go to the review. :)


Price: P280 (set)

Description: Wax yourself at home with our hair removal sugar paste! It's cheaper and more sanitary. You don't need to heat it and you don't need any strips! Gone are the days of burning hot wax. This is formulated with only NATURAL ingredients! It is less painful and is water soluble.

Benefits:
  • 100% natural
  • No strips needed
  • No heating required
  • Safe and easy to use
  • Lasting results
  • Less painful
  • No ingrown
  • No bumps



The set has two items, one sugaring wax and one soothing lotion. Let us first review the sugaring wax. :)


Packaging:

The wax is contained in a white jar that is tightly closed so that the product will not be exposed to the air. For me, the packaging is okay, I just hope the container is transparent so that you can see the product inside. I find it difficult to get the product out from the container using my hands so what I do is that I use a spatula to get the wax that I will use on my underarm.


Smell:

It smells like honey and it makes me want to eat it! Hahaha!

Consistency:

The wax is very thick and sticky which I think is expected on a wax.

Directions to use:

Photo from castielorganicsdavao

Make sure your hair is the right length before you begin your underarm waxing, you want to make sure that your hair is in the proper length. If it's too short, there will not be enough hair for the wax to stick to and if it's too long, the wax will get too stuck in the hair, creating a mess and making the hair harder to come off. Ideally, your hair should be around 1/4 inch long. Use a little pair of scissors to trim your hair down to this length. If it's too short, you'll just have to wait a bit longer.

 So, what I do is first, I take an enough amount of wax to use on my underarm and then I knead it and squeeze it to my desired thickness and shape. Then I stick it on my underarm and I put a wax strip on top and gently rub and press the wax onto the skin. And lastly, be prepared to pull the strip.

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • 100% natural
  • No heating required
  • Less painful
  • Quick and easy to use
  • Lasting results
  • Can easily be washed with water
  • No bothering scent
  • No irritations or allergic reactions


Cons:
  • It's a little bit difficult to get the product out without using a spatula.



Overall:
I used the wax 2 weeks ago and until now, I can hardly see newly grown hairs. I love the performance of the wax because it really gets the hairs with their roots. I also love that it is very quick and easy to use. Now, I don't have to schedule a whole day just to pluck the hairs on my underarms. I also love that it's not that painful. Promise! I can only feel a short sting when I pull the strip. Although, there is no need of a strip, I still use one because I find it easier to pull the wax with a strip. I love it so much and I recommend it to anyone who wants to get rid of unwanted hairs. I would definitely repurchase and repurchase and repurchase. Hahaha! :)

Lastly, we will also review the soothing lotion. :)


Packaging:

The product is in a plastic transparent bottle which is very common for containing lotions.

Scent:

I can't really tell if it smells like aloe vera because I haven't really saw an aloe vera. But the lotion smells like a typical lotion and there is no bothering scent. 

Consistency:


I think the lotion is water-based because as I applied it, it turned into water as you can see on the photo above. And I love it for that because it doesn't feel sticky and slimy. It easily absorbs by the skin and has a cool feeling afterwards.

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • It really soothes my underarm after waxing.
  • It has a cool feeling.
  • Water-based.
  • Doesn't feel sticky.
  • No bothering scent.
  • No irritations or allergic reactions.


Cons:
  • None!

Overall:
Just like the wax, I love the lotion. It really soothes the redness after waxing and I love it because it's water-based. I love its performance and I love it overall. I will repurchase and I recommend it to anyone who will buy the wax. They really go with each other. I hope, with regular use, the chicken skin will be lessened. :)

That's it for the Bare Body Waxing Set and check out castielorganicsdavao IG account to see their other amazing products. Thank you so much for viewing and I hope this review helped. Stay tuned for more reviews and follow me on Instagram (@judychiot) for more updates. God bless. :)



Do you pluck, shave, or wax? :)






Lots of ♥, Judy

2 comments: